Saturday, January 22, 2011

Balance

How to achieve it?

These are the thoughts swirling right now:

I just read something about not letting others control what you do. I know I do this.
I know God knows how to 'number my days aright' and can teach me.
There are only 24 hours in a day. I could never fit all the things I'm supposed to do (8 hours of sleep, 30 minutes of this, 1 hour of that, my freakin 12 hour work days, obligations, bills, etc. plus  -- "have fun! don't forget to do something for yourself!" hahaha)
What is going to matter in 5 years? 10? forever?
Yes, true, but we have no clean towels or underwear. Laundry is a must.
I wish I had lotsa money and I'd hire crap done. All the time.

So I will go pray. And make a list for the day.
Which will include leaving my house at 1:15 and spending probably 6 hours with my mom. Which will not be enough for her, and she will say little comments the whole time and then give me something so that I feel bad. And will leave no time for the gym, which is not OK with my body. And my floor is actually grimy. And so I will stay up super late, which everyone says makes you fat.

I'm sorry this is so depressing. I'll get happier tomorrow, when my Steelers beat those perverse Jets.

No comments:

Post a Comment