Saturday, January 22, 2011

BUM Routine

I found this idea on Zeitgeist.
I wanted to adopt this goal, because my mornings involve:

1.hitting a snooze button 15 or more time.
2. getting up in a bad mood.
3. rushing around, multi-tasking to get ready for work/church/whatever
4. leaving (sometimes late), feeling a combination of 5. irritation and dread

I want to work on this, because I can imagine it would affect my whole day to have a Beautiful, Uplifting Morning Routine (BUM routine).

I’ll tweak it, of course, but here’s a grab bag of what I wish my mornings were like:

1. read my Bible
2. 20 min exercise (DVD 30 day shred or exercises or a walk)
3. taking care of myself (e.g skin: lotion/moisturizer, sunscreen, makeup AND teeth: whitestrips, brushing, flossing, ETC)
4. 15 minutes of cleaning something/organizing something
5. Something to communicate with kids/family/friends (notes, facebook)
6. Food: Either pack a lunch, or plan for that day’s meals (crockpot if a work day) or make breakfast for us (telework day or weekend)
7. outfit: time to really try and look my best when i go out

And here’s why it rarely happens: That seems like a 100 minute routine when I look at it. I leave the house at 5 am!
I’d have to wake up at 3 am!!
So, I’ll need to think about this, maybe have different stuff depending on the day.

But at any rate, I love this idea and want to get into a beautiful, uplifting morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment