Thursday, January 13, 2011

How to support someone on KIVA

"On KIVA.org, I invested in the stationery business of a Ecuadorian woman named Agustina."


How I did it: 1. Go to www.Kiva.org, set up an account.
2.  Browse profiles of entrepreneurs.
3. Choose one. Decide on an amount you'd like to lend.
4.  Using Paypal or a credit card, complete the transaction.

Over the period of the loan, my credit card will be credited back, and I can reinvest the money.


Lessons & tips: I personally chose a person to whom I can relate. As much as I could intuit from her description and picture, I really liked her spirit. I also liked the business itself, and the pride with which she seems to conduct it. 


Resources: Internet.
Credit Card.


It took me 1 month.


It made me useful

No comments:

Post a Comment